Supportive Inclusive Practices, SIP - Accessible Course Design 1
Take a COOL SIP of accessible course design. Become familiar with the need for accessible design and the benefits to all students. Learn about legal obligations for accessibility and the Columbus State University online course accessibility guidelines. Learn about and practice checking course documents for accessibility.
Please right click to register. Target audience: all instructors of online or blended courses.
- Describe the types of disabilities experienced by our students.
- Describe diverse students’ ne
eds for accessible courses.
- Identify the benefits of accessible course design to all learners.
- Discuss the legal requirements for faculty for accessible course content.
- Describe the Columbus State University (CSU) guidelines for course accessibility and how these align with Quality Matters (QM) standards.
- Practice checking course content for accessibility.
- Friday, September 7, 2018
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Frank D. Brown Hall 1103, RiverPark
Registration has closed.