Grading Made Easier With Rubrics
Please Right Click to Register!
Grading rubrics provide instructors with an efficient method of consistently grading subjective learner submissions for drop boxes, discussion forums, and manually graded assessment questions. Students also benefit from the use of grading rubrics in that they can see, in advance, the criteria against which their assignment will be evaluated. Rubrics can also be the base for mapping instructions, course objectives, outcomes and competencies.
Rubrics are available for grading assignments within CougarVIEW. Rubrics have long been a way of grading student performance according to pre-determined criteria. For instructors, they provide a mechanism for determining an appropriate and consistent scoring for an assignment. For students, they indicate feedback on performance levels for particular tasks or elements of an assignment.
In this hands-on workshop you will learn:
• What is the difference between a holistic and analytic rubric
• Best practices in designing a rubric
• Creating a rubric in CougarVIEW
• Associating a rubric with an assignment in CougarVIEW
• Grading using a rubric in CougarVIEW
Instructors are encouraged to bring electronic copies of current assignments from their courses and any current grading rubrics they already use.
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- COOL Training Lab, Library Basement 005
- Main Campus