Engage Your Students With Online Discussions
Please Right Click to Register!
Target Audience: beginners; hybrid and online instructors
Description: Discussion boards are one of the most commonly used tools in online teaching. Discussion forums provide the ability for asynchronous discussion to occur over a period of time. The ability to learn asynchronously is one of the primary benefits of online learning. Discussions can be an excellent strategy for enhancing student motivation, fostering intellectual agility, and sharing opinions.
This 1-hour hands-on workshop will focus on how you can create and use discussions effectively to engage your students.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
• Use the discussion tool to create classroom content
• Create, view, and edit forums and topics
• Associate discussions with grade items
• Assess discussion posts providing grades and feedback
• Discuss best practices for online discussions
- Friday, February 2, 2018
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Frank D. Brown Hall 1103
- COOL - Center of Online Learning
- Instructional Design